Our world is made up of living and non-living thing. How do we know what is living and non-living? Why are living and nonliving things important to us? In this unit, we will learn about the characteristics of living and nonliving things. We will learn that we have the ability and responsibility to care for other living things and to learn why it is important to do so.
This Moodle based course will guide you through the steps in creating Moodle pages for you and your students. The emphasis will be on creating ready to use pages that will allow you to organize your existing course materials into a meaningful and easily updated system that offers student access. Students will have 24/7 access to the resources you choose. Increase student accountability with verifiable assigned and due dates.
Batavia has upgraded to Moodle 2.4. The new features and improvements in Moodle 2.4:
- New icons - the most visible thing you will notice are the new standard icons throughout Moodle. They use SVG which means they look extra good on high-resolution screens.
- Performance - We concentrated on improving server performance in this release, and there are many small improvements all over the place. The biggest single change is a new caching system called MUC (the Moodle Universal Cache) which allows Moodle admins to tune their servers with a variety of fast caching solutions. We've only started to see the benefits of this - future Moodle releases should continue to get faster and faster as we apply MUC to more Moodle code.
- Plugin updates - Not only will Moodle tell you when one of your plugins is out-of-date, but you can also now update them directly via the web interface.
- Assignment improvements - Assignments now support group-based assignments, blind marking, offline marking, submission statements and submission extensions.
- Course format plugins - All the code around course formats has been improved allowing developers of course formats to provide complete re-imaginings of Moodle course structure and navigation. Expect some really great course format plugins!
Requirements: You will create a course shell in Moodle; use custom blocks; post resources including grading policy and course outline; add resources and create at least one assignment, a second forum and a quiz. You can also reconfigure your old Moodle pages to take advantage of the new user interface.