- Topic 1
Foundation Skills and Outdoor Safety
- Topic 2
Twig and Tree Identification
- Topic 3
- Topic 4
- Topic 5
Topic 5Outdoor Winter Survival
- Topic 7
- Topic 8
- Topic 9
- Topic 10
Map Reading and Orienteering
- Topic 11
Letchworth Raft Trip
- Topic 12
Plantfolio Final Project
Plant collecting provides many valuable learning opportunities. It increases skills necassary for scientific inquiry. Your project will require careful observation, accurate recordkeeping, inductive reasoning and an ability to systematically arrange plants in a logical order. Plant collecting makes one more observant and familiar with local flora. It will provide an enjoyable involvment in Life Science. You should develop an appreciation for natural habitats and develop a concept of environmental stewardship.
- Aquire a direct experiance with observing, handling and identifying plants.
- Develop increased awareness of taxonomic relationships.
- Learn techniques of pressing, drying and mounting plants samples.
- Use technology that includes digital imaging.
- Develop a sense of place in the natural world.
- Form connections between yourself and the natural environment.
- Develop a sense of environmental stewardship.
- Complete the Classifying Organisms lab and submit your answers. (10 pts)
- Complete the Tree Photo Assignment. (20 pts)
- Complete the Scientific Name and Family Assignment (10 Pts)
- Complete the Plantfolio Assignment. (40 Pts) Must be done before you can do 5 and 6.
- Take the Leaf ID Quiz (10 pts)
- Answer the fundemental question; "What is your place in the environment globally and locally?" in the Forum. (10 pts)
- Topic 13
Heat Stress, Heat Stroke and Hyperthermia